Incomplete or partial digestion of foods can lead to uncomfortable side effects, and contribute to nutrient deficiencies. Symptoms such as intestinal gas, bloating, cramping, and heartburn are obvious, but poor absorption of nutrients can go unnoticed. Superzymes is a multi-enzyme formula containing both animal and plant-derived enzymes, designed to support normal, healthy digestion of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates.†
- Contains betaine HCL, a form of hydrochloric acid.
- Provides pepsin, bromelain and papain to help support protein digestion.
- Ox bile extract helps to emulsify fat, preparing it for digestion.
- Pancreatin is a combination of digestive enzymes that help to break down proteins, fats, and carbohydrates.
- Betaine HCL is a mild form of hydrochloric acid which helps to support the digestive process, particularly the beginning of protein digestion before food moves on to the intestines.†
- Betaine HCL helps eliminate potential pathogens found in foods and beverages.
- Aging and medications such as antacids can reduce the production and effectiveness of HCL, which may exacerbate digestive problems and other essential nutrients.
- HCL is especially important for the absorption of many nutrients including calcium, folic acid, B12, and iron.
- Besides nutrient deficiency, a reduction in HCL can slow down the digestive process, resulting in food remaining in the stomach for a longer period of time, often leading to digestive discomfort.
- Pepsin is an enzyme that begins the process of protein digestion in the stomach.
- This proteolytic enzyme is designed to function in an environment where there are a low pH and high acid content, such as the stomach.†
- Bromelain is derived from pineapple, and is a proteolytic enzyme which helps break down protein.†
- Papain is derived from papaya and provides an array of proteolytic enzymes to support protein digestion.
- Ox bile extract helps to emulsify fat, which prepares it for digestion by fat-digesting enzymes (lipases).†
- Pancreatin contains amylase for carbohydrate digestion, protease for protein digestion, and lipase for fat digestion. The combination of these digestive enzymes in pancreatin has been shown to provide significant support to the digestion and absorption of essential nutrients.
Serving Size: 2 Tablets
|Betaine Hydrochloride||330 mg||*|
|Pepsin 1:10,000||130 mg||*|
Bromelain 2400 2400 GDU/g
(pineapple [Ananas comosus fruit] enzyme)
(papaya [Caria papaya] enzyme)
|Ox bile extract||260 mg||*|
|Pancreatin USP 4X||500 mg||*|
|Amylase||100,000 USP Units||*|
|Protease||100,000 USP Units||*|
|Lipase||22,000 USP Units||*|
Other Ingredients: Dicalcium phosphate, cellulose, vegetable stearin, cellulose gum, fennel seed, peppermint leaf flavor, silica, magnesium stearate and food glaze with peppermint oil.
CAUTION: Do not take if you suffer from gastric ulcers, gastritis or persistent abdominal pain.
Not recommended for children under 12.
Contains No dairy, yeast, wheat, soy, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, adults take two (2) tablets after each meal, or as directed by a health care professional. Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
QUALITY & POTENCY GUARANTEED.